See Andy's other stuff:

LinkedIn
RSS Feed

Follow Andy

Contact Me >>

Geoff Ramsey on happiness, respect, and word of mouth

I asked a few simple questions to a bunch of smart marketers.

Enjoy this great answer from Geoff Ramsey, CEO, eMarketer.

Great marketing comes down to one simple idea: Earn the respect and recommendation of your customers, and they will do the rest. What is your advice for any company that wants to …

1 … make people happy?

Give your employees a clear vision for what you expect in terms of customer service and responsiveness, and then give them full authority to deliver on it — every day, and in every way. Employees who are empowered in this way will do wonders for your customers, and most certainly make them happy.

2 … earn respect?

Be real. Be authentic. Work every day at stripping out the marketing speak that has historically been our way of “communicating” with customers. Create a “No More BS” mandate.

3 … get a word of mouth recommendation?

Put 95% of your effort towards making your product and service great (and the other 5% towards creating a viral marketing program).

Thanks, Geoff!

Read all the answers.

Email to a friend:

Privacy: We won't save or reuse these emails.

Comments

Comments are closed.

Get My Newsletter!

Subscribe to Damn, I Wish I’d Thought of That! for a weekly email full of unusually useful ideas for smart marketers. Great marketing is about brains, not bucks. The best business ideas are easy to do, inexpensive, and fun. Learn to simplify your business, earn word of mouth, and thrill your customers:

Never display this again