Do you want to make meaningful change in society? Do you want to fix things? Do you want to make it better?
It’s not going to happen through politicians — of either party. Some are better, some are worse. But changing politicians to improve the country is like changing your wiper blades and hoping your car goes faster.
Do this instead: Support the innovative entrepreneurial companies that are here to disrupt broken systems. Push your money into better ideas. Take your money from broken and corrupt ones.
- Fix health care: Support your walk-in clinic, company wellness program, and anyone that provides fast, reasonable medical care.
- Fix transportation: Use Uber instead of your corrupt local cab company.
- Fix energy: Buy a Tesla and prove that new players can win.
- Fix commerce: Use Square and PayPal instead of credit card monopolies.
- Fix banking: Join a credit union that answers to you instead of investors.
- Fix food: Order the healthy side dish on the fast-food menu (and more choices will start appearing).
Money makes the market, so put your money behind the future that you want to live in.