Tim League of Alamo Drafthouse: We salute you for teaching some manners to the idiots of America. Thank you.
Watch this video, and read the full story here (be sure to read the comments too):
Marketers, this isn’t just a story of how to build a great business.
5 lessons of building a business people will fall in love with:
- Alienate the Right People: Love isn’t universal. Get rid of the people that won’t make your community better (and do it fast). Make more room for the people who you want.
- Social Media: Take a look at the 2428 comments on the blog post. How many local business do you know that can generate that much social media traffic? It works because it’s not some viral gimmick — it’s authentic awesomeness.
- Target Marketing: Your job isn’t to make everyone happy. It’s to make your best customer fall in love.
- Authenticity: Be true to yourself and your company values and your fans will support you.
- Be Interesting, or Be Invisible: What does your local theater stand for? If you want people to talk about you, you need to give them something to talk about.