Brains On Fire is one of the best word of mouth agencies there is. They know how to create a movement, especially around an important cause.
One of the big lessons they teach: Make it personal. Get people involved, hook their ego, and call them out by name.
They did just that in their post today about our Charity: Water project:
So Brains on Fire has linked to all of the Supergeniuses below and we’re going encourage them to join the fight, use their powers of storytelling, knowledge of word of mouth, and involvement in social media to make a difference. If you feel compelled to spread the word on Twitter, please use the hashtag #womforwater.
- Maker’s Mark – Todd Spencer (Twitter – personal)
- PrintingForLess.com – Jessica Cooper
- Intuit – Kira Wampler (Twitter – personal)
- Estee Lauder Companies – Sam Decker (Twitter – personal)
- Duck Brand – David Rodgers (Twitter – brand)
- Dell – Caroline Dietz (Twitter – personal)
- Domino’s Pizza – Ramon De Leon (Twitter – personal)
- Gevalia – Dana Vogel
- California Tortilla – Stacey Kane (Twitter – personal)
- General Mills – David Witt
- Yelp – Kevin Lee (Twitter – personal)
- Zappos – Tony Hsieh (Twitter – Zappos)
- Ogilvy PR – Rohit Bhargava – Ogilvy PR (Blog – personal)
- Spike Jones (Twitter – personal)
- Thoora – Saul Colt (Twitter – personal)
- Get Satisfaction – Lane Becker (Twitter – personal)
- Converseon – Lindsay Lebresco (Twitter – personal)
- Marketing Savant – Dana VanDen Heuvel (Twitter – personal)
- National Geographic – Brendan Hart (Twitter – brand)
- BrandBuilder – Olivier Blanchard (Twitter)
- Josh Bernoff (Twitter – personal) – author, Groudswell: Winning in a World Transformed by Social Technologies
- Brian Solis (Twitter – personal) – author, Engage! The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web
- Douglas Atkin (Twitter – personal) – author, The Culting of Brands: When Customers Become True Believers
- Paul Gillin (Twitter – personal) – author, Secrets of Social Media Marketing: How Use Online Conversations and Customer Communities to Turbo-Charge Your Business!
- Jeanne Bliss (Twitter – personal) – author, I Love You More Than My Dog
- Martin Atkins (Twitter – personal) – author, Tour:Smart
- Hugh MacLeod (Twitter – gapingvoid) – author, Ignore Everybody, and 39 Other Keys to Creativity