We have some fantastic job openings in our Austin and Chicago offices for SocialMedia.org (details here).
Here is a little bit about what it’s like to work here:
The Way We Work
You work too hard for it to be unfulfilling.
We believe that every day at the office should be exciting, interesting, challenging, and fun. We believe that you should wake up each morning looking forward to the day ahead. All of us at GasPedal and SocialMedia.org are on an adventure, and we’re glad you can join us. It’s exciting here!
This is our philosophy:
- Build something fantastic. Create something that makes everyone stand up and clap. Be able to shout to the world, “I made THAT and it is GREAT.”
- Build something that has meaning. You spend most of your waking life at work. It is vital that you do something that enhances yourself and society on a higher level. Add value to your life, not your wallet. The money will follow.
- Work should be fun. If you’re not enjoying yourself, you should find something else to do. No job is worth suffering for. We probably have another job at this company that you would enjoy more. Ask for it.
- Never a boring minute. Everything we do has a purpose. Every day, every task (however small or horrible) is a part of that mission. If you see a boring task that seems to have no purpose, try to understand the purpose. If we can’t find a purpose together, we’ll kill the task. Life is too short for unnecessary garbage.
- Assholes sometimes get rich and famous. We shall not become assholes.
- People are more important than things, rules, or money. Take care of people first. Everything else will follow.
- Office politics are forbidden. Backstabbing, taking credit for the work of others, promoting personal agendas over the common good, foot-dragging, whining, gossiping, complaining, mean-spiritedness, pettiness, self-importance, and egotism are behaviors of small-minded people. You deserve a workspace free of people who do these things. We will fire them.
- Your health and family are more important than your job.
- Sometimes you do better work after you take a break. Overwork clouds the mind and prevents you from doing what you want to do.
- Making mistakes is good. That is how you learn. Take responsibility for them, fix them, then move on. Don’t cry over spilled milk.
- Making the same mistake twice is bad.
- The boss is often wrong. Teach him why for all our sakes.
- There is a better way to do everything. We will find it.
- We don’t care how everyone else does it. If you want to do it like they do it, go work for them. We will do it better here.
- We deal honestly and up front on everything. No exceptions.
- We only deal with honest people. When a deal smells fishy, we walk away. There will always be another one.
- Don’t do good deals with bad people. Don’t do bad deals with anybody.
- We work for the good of the group. We rise and fall together. People who try to promote their self-interests over those of the group will fail miserably. Those who work together win.