One of my favorite magazines sent me a flashlight in the mail. Sorta weird. I guess it was a thank-you gift?
It’s a sophisticated, creative business magazine. It’s odd that they spent 10% of the money I gave them on this.
If you had $5 to spend on your customers, you could do so much more to wow them, thank them, amaze them, or earn their respect. A few ideas:
- Genuine, hand-written thank you note
- Donation to charity
- Gift card for a cup of coffee
- Gift card for a related product
- Something they will keep on their desk all year
- Something they will share, like post-its
- Calendar that stays on the wall all year
- Coffee mug that the whole office will see
- Free issues for them to give a friend
- Extend their subscription
- Really awesome special edition
- Collectable book
- Bound collection of back issues
- Reduce the price
- Thank-you call
What would you do if you could send a $5 item to all your customers?